Monday, August 1, 2011

Itchy feet

Curtis stayed in Vienna while I got itchy feet and set off on a solo adventure that would see me cover 330km from the town of Passau in Germany back to Vienna following the Danube river.  It pretty much rained from day two onwards but the scenery was out of this world amazing which was a nice buffer from the weather.  Finally reaching Vienna to sounds of Daft Punk's album Musique I felt a huge sence of achievement and pride for completing this challenge I had set myself.  What felt even better was to be greeted with Curtis' smile, hidden beneath the flaming red beard and warm hugs.  Tomorrow we will continue along the Danube to Belgrade in Serbia before heading off to a Trumpet festival for a few days and then onto Romania to get the climbing legs out - so stay tuned. 






No comments:

Post a Comment